Saturday, October 19, 2013

Day 5

I'm 5 days post op and would have to say this may be my worst day. Not unbearable but certainly uncomfortable and achy. I've been pleasantly surprised how good I have felt and how little medication I have had to take. However I think when you feel good you think you are capable of doing more - not always a good thing.

Took my massive bandage off a few days ago. I had 3 incisions. Each with 2 stitches. One of the incisions was pretty bruised and they all looked pulled tight but overall not too bad. Now a few days later my entire upper thigh is bruised and the swelling is by far the worst. My day is ultimately made when my hubby takes off the ted hose and massages my legs - complete heaven!

I tried crutches up the stairs (with my hubby's help) but it completely scared the crap out of me so I decided to sit down and pull myself up. Much easier. The shower felt great and the shower seat was a huge bonus!

Still sleeping in the living room. My day consists of moving from the bed, to the recliner, to the chair, back to the recliner. Hoping to take a ride tomorrow for a little fresh air and change of scenery.

On  the not so glamorous side of things it took several days to get my "body functions" to start working. We did enlist the help of milk of magnesia  to help things along - definitely recommended. I think since I wasn't in so much pain meds that probably helped.

I don't go to the dr for another week and expect to start pt after that visit. Going to enjoy watching unlimited HGTV, price is right and Ellen to keep me occupied!

No comments:

Post a Comment