Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The big day

Yesterday was my surgery day. Arrived at 8 am and went through normal check in procedures.  They gave me a dose of oxy, gabapentin, Celebrex and naproxen. They also out in a patch for nausea - I think this was the secret to success!  I keep it in for up to 3 days to avoid the yucky feeling from anesthesia and pain meds.  I was told they corrected the pincer and cam impingements (trimmed the socket and smoothed the ball) and had minor labrum tears corrected but did not require anchors. I have a huge "foam" like bandage from just above my knee to my waist and side to side but was told I have 3 incisions - 2 on my upper thigh and 1 on the side. I get to take that off in 3 days when I can first shower.  Rolled back for surgery at around 10:30. I woke up in recovery at 12:40. They gave me another dose of oxy and naproxen. Oh and I get to wear the TED hose for 2 weeks to prevent blood clots. My only issue was low oxygen so they moved me to extended recovery to get that better.  I had to admit to my husband I felt better than I have after any surgery. I'm sure the meds helped but really feel that patch was the kicker. My hip really didn't feel any worse than when I had a "bad day". I left around 4 pm to come home.   I have a 2 story house and the 15 stairs upstairs scare me so my hubby set up a bed in the living room.  I felt pretty good yesterday with no nausea. I just compared my head  to the feeling you have when you get new glasses and things seem "wavy". I slept pretty good, waking up every few hours. Feeling a little more tight laying here now. I know it's time to get up and move around. We will see what today brings but I couldn't have asked for a better surgery day!

No comments:

Post a Comment